Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday, August 25th

YEAH! We are settled. I will include some photos of our house on the website. Everyone has picked out their bedrooms and already put up posters. There aren't a lot of children around but the boys did meet the kid next door, he is eight.
An interesting story yesterday. The postman came by (keep in mind that this house has been here for 14 years) and was trying to figure out the name of our street. He asked if we were spelling the street name as one word or two. When I told him, I had only just moved in but was spelling it as one, he informed me that as soon as he could find two more people on the street to agree to that it would stand. Huh? I think the real problem was the 10 boxes Charlie sent me had a about 4 spelling variations of my address. :) However traveling around Dublin it doesn't take long to figure out they don't really like to put up street signs anywhere.
We take our first trip in about a week and the kids are taking crash courses in the French Revolution, art, architecture and World War II. If you have been to Paris and have some advice to share, email or post it on the guest book page. I will be uploading some photos this weekend.

1 comment:

Carina said...

Hey Jodi, it's Carina, super excited to read about the wanderings!