Sunday, April 01, 2007

Praha

Lesser Town, Old Town, New Town, Jewish Quarter, Prague Castle. These are the places Jay and I spent our weekend. "You must go to Prague" was the directive given to us by many and it is true. The whole weekend I felt like I was walking around a movie set. The vastness of the architecture, the colors of the paint, the roof lines, the cobblestone streets and sidewalks, and the trams all lent itself to being somewhere else than the real world. I am sure this is contained to the small city of Prague and the rest of the county is probably quite different but isn’t that the case for most major cities in a country. They don’t truly reflect the whole country. New York City, Los Angeles is what most foreigners think America is like. Yikes, let’s not tell them about Knob Noster, Missouri and Vernal, Utah.

I will let the photos tell the story but the weather was great and again so easy to get around, communicate (I am so glad that English is a universal language, well in larger European cities at least), and no strange foods to contend with.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

How do I view your pics, I can't remember your photo blog name.

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

i'm totally jealous. i've always wanted to go to Prague.

keifer said...

hey..was being nosy and read some of your blogs..though you dont know me, im in detroit mi.
and if you ever need a lucky charms fix, id gladly send ya over a few. lol. im a cereal holic myself so...or really any other cereal product you cant get over there...L8r!
keifer