Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lighten up

Thought I would post some funny things the boys have said over the years:
Cameron singing me a Row, row, row your boat:
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the drain
Merrily, Merrily quite contrary how does
you garden grow?"

I had been searching for a notebook for three weeks and finally decided to say a little prayer.  After I finished I went downstairs, straight to the closet and the box it was in.  I knew this would be a great opportunity to teach Cameron about Heavenly Father answering prayers.  Only half-interested he looked up and said, "You got your wish!"

When Noah was 3, he ran into my bedroom to watch TV.  As I came in he was lying on my pillow, smiling so big saying, "Mommy, I got your parking spot!"  Apparently I spent a lot of time there:)

One Christmas Noah was very introspective.  I asked what he wanted for Christmas.  He thought for a moment and said, "Everything I don't already have."  While looking through a toy catalog he asked, "Can Santa hear us from here?"  I said, "No."  And he replied, "Maybe we should talk louder."

One night putting Noah to bed he was holding on to his arm in pain and said in a suffering voice, "My arm hurts, I think it's losing weight."

Noah came walking out of the bathroom and I heard him say, "Simon says..."  He then looked at me and said, "What does Simon say?"  I explained the game to him and said, "Simon says put your finger in your ear" then "Simon says put your other finger in your ear."  I then said, "Take them out" and Noah said, "What?  I can't hear you?"

Last one:
One day Noah and I were riding in the car.  
It was very quiet and he said, "Jesus is talking to me." 
I said, "Oh, really?  What is he saying?"  
Noah said, "Well, he is really talking to Daddy.  He says to keep both hands on the steering wheel."
The next night I was sitting by him and I said, "Is Jesus talking to you?"  
He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No, that was yesterday and there was a light."
I think Jay drove a little safer for a while 

No comments: